Asimov

Default Mitsubishi VS-4003R ProJo Dead Set Issue

"Jim" bravely wrote to "All" (11 Oct 05 17:44:22)
--- on the heady topic of "Mitsubishi VS-4003R ProJo Dead Set Issue"

Ji From: Jim
Ji Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:344802

Ji Hey Group:
Ji Got this ProJo in the shop that was supposed to have taken some kind
Ji of surge. Totally D.O.A.. Been through the P/S (Replaced Reg's. and
Ji caps.). Gone through
Ji the Deflection Module. Replaced several parts that checked OK (Like
Ji the H.O.T.,
Ji etc.). Appear that I now have all the Stand By voltages, but unit
Ji still won't power
Ji up. Removed the Flyback and rang it - seems to check OK, however I
Ji know that's
Ji no guarantee. Since I don't have Schem. on this unit I was hoping that
Ji perhaps some
Ji one may know something about this 1993-1995 unit that I'm overlooking,
Ji or, hopefully there is someone out there that knows "Mit's" enough to
Ji make some
Ji suggestions.
Ji T.I.A.
Ji Jim

Could be a dead transistor switch or cpu line for the turn-on circuit.
Is there any sign of activity at that cpu line? Cpu brain dead?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... First Church of Binary Science (The Digitarians)