Robert Hyland

Default Machinist trainee success

Eric,
The kid is lucky to have someone who cares about how he does his work,
and can show him how to do it correctly. You are as much of a gem as
he is.
Robert in Tacoma

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:42:32 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:
Well, after the trainees success with the gas fitting I thought that
maybe he should try something else. I needed an adapter from a faucet
spout to a sprayer head. The hardware store had plenty of adapters but
none with the correct thread. This is a part he can make that must
work but has a little leeway. Success again! Without me hovering over
his shoulder. Then yesterday I needed an adapter for 1/2 of an oldham
coupling. One end has a .5000 hole and the other a slot that fits the
middle part of the oldham coupler. So far he has bored the part
correctly cut the slot so that the coupler part slides but there is no
side play. He still has to cut two more slots and tap a hole but I
think he's going to make this part good right from the start.
Eric