Andy

Default Toilet connection problem looming

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message

"wounded horse" wrote in message
I need to change an old low level flushpipe type toilet that discharges
downwards into a pan connector in the bathroom floor.. The porcelain of
the toilet to be changed faces downwards. I have bought a new close
coupled toilet which discharges horizontally like all modern toilets. The
2nd issue is that as the close coupled toilet will be nearer the wall, I
can't get onto the floor waste inlet with a 90 degree pan connector on the
new WC. The soil stack is internal and boxed in in the bathroom corner to
the left of the WC as I face it. Am I going to have to remove the boxing
off the soil stack and add a branch to connect off the new toilet
sideways?

What about an offset waste adapter? You don't tell us the
amount of misalignment, but if it is a few centimetres an offset adapter
could take it out. Also, there are 90degree
waste adapter pipes, but also swan-necked 90degree waste adapter pipes which
allow you to set a loo further
back than possible with a standard 90 degree adapter.

Andy.