David Combs

Default hand-tool for screwing/unscrewing 30watt interior-flood into ceiling recessed socket?

Refurbished kitchen now has fancy recessed floodlights pointing
straight down, like from inside a barrel.

Fine for a 90-watt flood and big "barrel", big enough *and*
shallow enough to be able to grab the bulb.

But for wee 30-watt (Phillips DuraMax) "interior flood",
sitting much deeper inside *it's* "barrel", not so easy,
not at all. At least for for 6'2" adult with equivalent
hands. (For child, maybe different).

Anyhow, is there some toilet-plunger-type-thing that
you can moisten and then push onto flatish face of bulb,
sticking onto it like a kiddie's arrow with rubber
suction-cup as arrow-tip would, that gives you a grip
on the thing, so you can screw/unscrew it from the socket?

(And help keep the bulb *straight* as you try to stick
it deep up into the barrel, rather than what happened
to me when I tried and got it at slight angle and
tried screwing it in *that way* for about a fifth of a
turn until I realized the threads were crossed, and then
finding it *difficult* to *un*screw (so tight I was
afraid that I'd break the bulb!)).

Any product to buy? (Yes, I know about the grippers for
*regular-sized* light bulbs, but this wee indoor-flood
is like half the diameter of that kind, *and* it fits
pretty closely into its barrel, so not much room for
mechanical-grip to grab bulb from the "outside".)

------

Separate problem: too much friction in threads, doesn't
turn so easily (presumably also when done "straight on",
ie properly).

What, spray or rub somethong onto the threads of the *bulb*?

What? Oil bad conductor? Silicone? Graphite?

(Or maybe somehow spray onto threads of the *socket*?)

Thanks!

David