Charlie Self

Default Flat Earth Theory To Be Taught In Science Classes

George wrote:
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
IOW, if there are 20 major religions in the world, the average adherent of
any one of them has only at best a 5% chance of having picked the "right"
one. I say "at best" because there's a distinct possibility that they're
all wrong :-).

Cute, but scientifically ridiculous.

Think about it. It's not the number of religions, but the relative number
of adherents, if we are to follow your assumption of belief, that would
establish the percentages.

You think about it. He's taking his chances amongst religions, not the
number of adherents in any one or gorup of religions. Thus, 20, pick
one, 5% shot at being right (actually, no, because there are those who
claim none of the religions is right, but that's another tale).