Clint

Default Magnets from old PCs?

I've killed a few HD's, and used the magents to keep things like the chuck
key on my drill press. They're a funny shape and there's usually another
chunk of metal attached to them, so I haven't found a use for embedding them
in a project like you might for the nice round ones from Lee Valley.

As others have mentioned, they are powerful, so it's not a good idea to let
the kids play with them (at least not ones the age of my kids).

--
Clint
"Jay Pique" wrote in message
ups.com...
Are there usable magnets in old computers that might be good for making
things in a woodshop - like magnetic featherboards? And if so, are
they worth the trouble of getting them out?

JP