Jennie

Default Blocked toilet (oh no, not again - sorry!)

Apologies if you're just having your tea!

Could anyone give me a sort of check list for unblocking the toilet -
it's forever getting blocked. It seems as though anything solid gets
stuck in the 'throat' or bottom of the pan and doesn't get round
the bend unless encouraged, ie by shoving the toilet brush at it, when
it disappears with no problem. I've checked the following - what
else?

Pressure of water entering the pan when it's flushed is slightly
lower than average possibly, but not enough to make a difference, it
still blocks when I throw a bucket of hot water in from a height too,
it breaks the solids up a bit but doesn't shove them round.

I've prodded and pushed round the bend with my hand and with one of
those corkscrew things on the end of a long cable (is this an augur?)
There seems to be nothing there to cause a jam.

And surely a toilet pan couldn't have been made with an exit too
small to allow normal human waste through it? It's called a Trent if
that makes any difference.

What else could I check that might be preventing this from rounding the
bend? As I said, once round the bend it disappears with no problem and
the water level returns to normal, until the next time.

Ideas please someone

Thanks