John Laird

Default Faulty TV aerial distribution amplifier?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:03:28 GMT, "Timbo"
wrote:

I wish I knew how you found that out in 1 minute's googling - I've hunted
high and low and can't find it - any google tips?

I happened to know it was branded SLX (as I'd looked at them in my local
maplin). Second link under "SLX 6-way amplifier specification" got me the
info you needed. Always give Google a selection of words to go on.
Specification was probably the key here.

I have Google's Toolbar loaded into IE and Firefox. Search engine is set to
google.co.uk as this nicely pops up results with the additional "Search UK
pages only" button. Not fool-proof, but pretty reliable.

When looking for prices, I usually add VAT into the search string.

Apart from that, practice is the key. I have misspent a lot of time online
;-)

--
Those who can't write, write manuals.