DJC

Default 60's tape recorder track selector meaning

wrote:
On 10 Oct,
wrote:
I always thought the compact cassette came out in 73, shortly after 8
tracks in 71.

I had a Phillips cassette recorder long before '73, and I don't get things
when they are new technology. I've still got it somewhere, despite it being
ripped out of my car and stolen in '75.

Must have been long before. I remember when in primary school a student
teacher with one of these latest compact cassette portables using it in
a class. Battery operated and mono, that would have been before '66. The
pre recorded cassettes were around almost from the beginning but did not
take off for a few years. The oldest pre-recorded tapes in my collection
date from around 1975.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"