MLD

Default Removing the drive pulley from my MTD Yardbug

"tbyers31" wrote in message
oups.com...
The manual for the YardBug says that the pulleys have to be lowered to
replace the upper drive belt (the lower blade belt can be replaced
without moving the pulley). The reason you have to lower the pulley
for the upper belt is that there's a guard covering about a third of
the circumference of that pulley that looks to be too tight to wedge
the new belt in. At least that's what the manual says. This gives me
an idea... maybe I can force the belt or bend the guard enough to get
the new belt on since the pulley is a bear...

I have a Craftsman and removing the drive belt does not require removing the
pulley. The mower deck has to be dropped (a couple of pin removals) in
order to get the belt off. Obviously not the same as yours but not that far
off.
MLD