tbyers31

Default Removing the drive pulley from my MTD Yardbug

I need to replace the drive belt on my tractor. Attached to the
engine's driveshaft is a double pulley. The top pulley is the drive
pulley and it's connected via a metal shaft to the bottom pulley, the
blade belt pulley. I've removed a 9/16 bolt from the pulley, about 4
inches up the shaft. Yet the pulleys are still frozen on the engine
driveshaft. According to the diagram there appears to be a key on this
shaft that provides the torque. I cant see it from looking up the
shaft. Does anyone have experience removing these pulleys? there's
got to be a way without destroying everything. Thanks!