Nick Hull

Default Cordless Screwdriver, How to Test: Dead Battery or Charger?

In article D5G2f.4384$Iq3.3297@trndny01, Neal
wrote:

I'm hoping someone here can advise me.
I have a Milwaukee Cordless Screwdriver #6539-1. It takes a smallish
rechargable battery: Milwaukee 2-4 Volt Battery Cat No. 48-11-0100.
When the battery is in the charger, the red charger status LED lights dimly,
but the battery has ZERO juice when removed.
How can I test to find wether the problem is with the battery or the battery
charger? I do not have a spare battery to confirm. I do have a decent
multimeter , jI'm ust not sure how to go about the diagnostic testing.
Thanks a bunch for any guidance.
Cheers, Neal

It might be a dendrite problem in the NiCads. Read the battery voltage,
flash with your car's 12 volt battery and read the voltage again. If it
came up to normal then try charging normally in the charger.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/