Fletis Humplebacker

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George BushDrinking?

Duane Bozarth wrote:
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

"Duane Bozarth"

Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

"Duane Bozarth"

IOW, does this "nonaccident" have consequences that aren't explicable by
known physical laws?

The problem is that known physical laws don't account for the physical
world's existence, the mind or life in general.

I don't think that's yet proven. It's an assertion.

What's an assertion? That the laws of nature don't account for us
being here? The math doesn't work out for the big bang's beginning.

You're about 20 years behind, it sounds like. Have you been reading on
current research areas? That has been known from early cosmological
theories that there is an infinity in some formulations. Prime areas of
current research are in fact, fundamentally concerned w/ finding ways to
handle them. It's from this area that such things as string theory have
been found to be potentially useful.

^^^^^^^

You misspelled hopeful.

Is it done yet? No. Will it eventually succeed? Too early to tell.
Is it guaranteed to fail? That, too, we don't yet know.

In other words, the math doesn't work out yet.

That's why the above is an assertion--it isn't yet known where continued
research will lead, but it certainly hasn't yet reached an absolute
impasse.

Who said it did?????

The math also doesn't explain how life formed or why it happened
so quickly. Even if the assertions of a natural causes are true, there
doesn't seem to be sufficient time, the last I heard life happened as
the earth cooled enough to support it. It isn't ignorance that guides one
to the possiblity of ID and it isn't scientific facts that lead them away from it.

"Doesn't seem to be enough time" for whom? I thought in general the
problem was that folks who are opposed to natural evolution seem to
think it's proposed that it took too much time...

Do you mean literal 6 day creationists? Are they the only ones who
don't agree that life bubbled up on its' own? Never the less....

http://calspace.ucsd.edu/virtualmuseum/litu/02_2.shtml
Some scientists have suggested that the origin of life is such an improbable
event it is hard to believe that it could have happened in the early youth of the
planet, in the relatively short period of several hundred million years.

One possible solution to the conundrum of improbability is the idea that Life
came from outer space. In this scenario, named "panspermia" by the famous
Swedish chemist Svante Arrhenius, life forms are traveling around in space,
frozen within rocks, until they happen to hit a planet environmentally ready to
take on the task of hosting living things.