Doctor Drivel

Default compression fittings..... pah!

"Richard Conway" idiotically wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Lobster wrote:

Pet wrote:

My tip for these PITA inventions is compress them up then undo them

and

coat the olive in a healthy dose of Fernox-LSX silicone or similar.

Spent many hours Saturday faffing around behind the newly fixed basin

&

pedestal with a tissue trying to find several weepers.

Silicone (as above) and a cup of tea while it cured did the job a

treat.

Not how they are designed to work though: I hope they hold in the long

term!

Yes, strange. After fitting 2 loos, basins, bath and kitchen I ended up
fitting about 20 compression onto new and (and sometimes used) olives,
with no leaks ever. Maybe he stopped tightening when he heard it
creaking. I tighten to the creak, then another 1/8 turn. Stop.

Most makers say turn hand tight then one full turn.

Well you only have their word to go by,

snip idiotic drivel