John Smith

Default Electrical garden shears or the old fashioned ones?

Hi,

I have a small front garden - terrace job - but I have lots of plants and
bushes in it including a type of bamboo that is growing to the Moon. I
reckon there is about a good day's work there with clippers but... my old
hand clippers are rusted away. I've been quite ill this Summer, am just on
the mend now, so was unable to do anything back in the Summer.

Should I simply get a new pair of hand clippers or opt instead for one of
the electrical ones which, frankly, scare the daylights out of me. Are they
THAT dangerous to use? In terms of hand clippers someone mentioned getting
'long handled' ones as they make clipping quicker than the short ones that I
have - is this true?

Thanks for any advice or info on brands, what to pay, where to buy, etc. I
am thinking of Argos or B&Q, Homebase.

John.