boden

Default Microwave oven burnt smell

Fear not. There's no voltage stored up inside your microwave oven.
Particularly in a $35 unit the charge on any capacitor in it will leak
off by the time you get the screws out and remove the cover. Do
remember to unplug it though.

Boden

Charlie S. wrote:
Noticed there is smell in the microwave that doesn't smell like it's food
related. Maybe something internal burned up. I'm not sure. I'm afraid to
unscrew the oven and take it apart. A repair man once told me there is a
lot of voltage stored up inside mw ovens. Don't want to do anything foolish
and get an incredible zap.

Money-wise this is a cheap $35 microwave. However, replacing it, I would
probably spend close to $100.. thinking maybe the low quality is what may
have caused this thing to burn up. Then again, I don't know for sure what
caused the smell. Maybe it is food related? And, the microwave is okay. I
haven't tested it out yet. Any suggestions?