Default Ridge Vent Question

Hi,

I recently ventilated the soffitts of my house and added styrofoam
vents in between the rafters to clear a path for the outside air. There
was practically ZERO ventilation in the attic prior to this.

However, I am not sure if I will be able to add the ridge vent in this
year before the snow flies. Is there a problem with having the pathway
for the outside air to enter without the ridge vent being in place?
There are no gable vents or other paths for air exchange. I imagine
that some outside air can get in now, though not a significant amount.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave