Richard Crowley

Default Thermal Grease/Adhesive (?)

I'm betting it's epoxy of some sort, designed to keep the screws from
vibrating loose. Don't know how you'd identify it for sure.

It is "thermal grease" aka "heat-sink compound".
Remarkably poor epoxy if he could just pry it apart.

Your political "thinking" needs work as well.
Thought about just moving to the PRC? I'm sure you'd love it.
Curious why all those people spend 10s of thousands of US$
to get away from there, though. Makes you wonder.