David

Default Wood grain filler

Casey Rafa wrote:

Hi All,

I made several pieces of furniture, but only of close grain wood. Now I
am making dresser of red oak, and I will need some sort of grain filler,
because grain looks so rough. I went to Home Depot, but I couldn't find
any, and people in Depot didn't know what I am talking about.

Can anybody give me any idea what company makes it, and brand name of
any? And any instruction how to use it: before staining, or after
staining?

Tanks, Casey.

Best stuff I've used on oak comes from Compliant Spray Systems. It's a
Enduro product and dries clear, so as not to muck up the grain. Dries
fast and goes a loooong way, so 1 QT is enough for many projects. It
will probably dry out before you can use it all. Call them -- they
are great people to deal with.

http://www.compliantspraysystems.com/

Dave