Tattooed and Dusty

Default Smooth Plane

BillyBob
I looked at the bevel up smoother and plan on buying one eventually,
though didn't truely consider it right now. I am planning on using the
No4 for both some final smoothing and lots of trimming things to fit.
It seems that the bevel up smoother is mainly designed for the
smoothing portion of those wishes. I could be wrong though, please let
me know if I am.
As far as the car I drive. I have a old diesel suburban, so I suppose I
should buy a Stanley from the hardware store. That said I like having
tools that work really well, and I use them accordingly. I don't have
anything that sits on a pedastal, but I do appreciate the highest
quality I can afford.

Randall,
I hadn't even considered the Clifton as I was under the impression they
were charging a premium for a substandard grade tool. Like only
slightly better than the Stanleys I can get at HomeDepot. I'm sorry if
I am way off on that one as well.

It seems all in all I should just get a LV and shut up about it...

Thanks for the comments and please keep up coming.

Maybe has anyone at all been disapointed with the LV and been happy
with the LN?

Andrew