Mike Marlow

Default Flat Earth Theory To Be Taught In Science Classes

wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 19:59:05 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
. ..
Mike Marlow wrote:

Tons of stuff in Peru and the southwest USA. Why do you say it's

bunk?
Admittedly, I didn't do any exhaustive research on this stuff, but I

didn't
see any claims against the stuff.

Once again, Mike, that's not much of a reference. How about at least
one peer-reviewed article with pictures and naming a specific site?

Sorry Larry - don't have such a thing. Remember - I'm really in this for
the discourse, not because I'm well versed on the matter, or hold an

intent
to persuade anyone. Sometimes I get a little something out of these

things
and sometimes it's just discourse.

actually, it sounds like you just mouthing off, making wild fundie
claims and not being able to back them up.

Not at all. The basic truth of the matter is that the whole topic is
something that has never been a compelling interest to me, but has at the
same time held a mild curiosity within me. As a result of it not having
been a compelling interest, I largely ignored it with the exception of being
only casually aware of some claims from both sides. I didn't know for
example that the dinosaur/man tracks in Texas had been brought into question
by even those who had originally supported the finds until this thread. I
remembered hearing about it a long time ago and it just kind of stuck in my
mind. So, I threw it out there to see what the answers would be regarding
it. To the extent that I have a casual interest in the stuff, this served a
purpose for me. Likewise with the cave paintings.

Not trying to stir anything up or make wild fundie claims. Just inquiring a
bit from a standpoint of being a not very studied individual on the matter.
That's why I explained that in the very beginning. I will say that from my
uneducated perspective, the wild claims are not limited to fundies.

Sorry if I intruded on a thread that is limited to those with higher degrees
in these studies. I asked genuine questions, attempted to be civil in my
approach, and only varied from that when I got fed up with some of the
condescending attitudes that popped up from time to time.

Fundi - hmmmmm. Again, I'd have to ask what you mean by that. It's the
second time a derogatory term has been tossed out inferring that having a
faith is somehow the mark of a lesser man. I haven't given any indication
of what my faith includes and you'd probably be surprised if you knew it.
It certainly does not include a closed mind. But then again one with a
closed mind does not enter into these discussion with questions, and even
admissions of his own error, now does he?

--

-Mike-