World Traveler

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
World Traveler wrote:

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

wrote:

[snip]

Oh really. Then do clarify my obvious lack of cosmological
sophistication. Just where, pray tell, did the massive
amounts of energy/mass/gooey-stuff-that-populated-the-universe
come from? Last I looked, the Big Bang is posited to be
the demarcation of the Beginning Of The Universe -i.e.,
It is the moment in time when things got rolling. [snip]

Not so. The best and clearest explanation I've seen is in Greene's The
Fabric of the Cosmos. The Big Bang took place after some preconditions
were met, and he includes a timeline in the explanation. Regards --

And these preconditions arose from where?

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Read the book. It looks like you'd prefer an endless loop, which can just
as well be tied to the ID nonsense. If there's an intelligent designer,
then who created the intelligent designer? And if that, then who created .
.. . etc.

To have any rationale discussion of ID, there first has to be a rationale
hypothesis explaining the ID format. So far, I've only seen snippets that
basically repeat items from the Old Testament, for which fossil records,
cosmological tests and observations, etc., are in disagreement.

Now, if someone wanted to develop an ID scenario that some intelligent
designer created the structure that led to the Big Bang, and kept hands off
from that point, as the universe evolved in a unified way, that would be one
thing, but so far, no one is suggesting that and there's no evidence to
support it. There is a wonderful symmetry about the coordination between
gravity, time, energy, space, etc., that ties everything together. ID
doesn't fit in the observable development of the universe. The current
arguments for ID are contradicted by physical observation of the development
of species, fossil records, and a variety of tests and experiments on the
behaviour of energy, time and gravity. ID is irrelevant to the testing,
experimentation and results in cosmology that have been taking place since
early in the 20th Century.

And if you're actually interested in this subject rather than passing time
in an uninformed way, do take a look at Greene's works and others that have
good discussions on time, gravity, the Big Bang and related theories.
Fabric of the Cosmos is not only a good read, but it's a credible and
understandable explanation of the interaction between gravity, time, energy,
etc.

Regards --