Steve Peterson

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George Bush Drinking?

It must be time to mention the strong anthropic priciple: The fact that we
(human, organic, carbon-based) are here to observe and argue and consider
these issues places some amazing constraints on many physical, chemical,
biological variables. But not a reference to a designer, just serious
limits on what it might have done.

No, don't throw that!

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthrop...al_Pri nciple

and/or http://www.google.com/search?q=%22st...pic+principle%

Even if you think scientific truth has been revealed by some designer, these
are significant limits on possibilities.

Steve

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

wrote:

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

You mean like the "mumbo jumbo" that suggests Everything appeared at
the
Big Bang out of Nothing and we are *certain* that this
materialist/mechanical
POV is correct? ...

If you feel like taking a break from your reading about ID you
might consider reading a little about Cosmology. The Big
Bang Theory dos not hold that something came out of nothing.

Oh really. Then do clarify my obvious lack of cosmological
sophistication. ...

The Big Bang Theory presumes the sum of mass and energy of the
universe was always the same and always will be.

And this sum of mass/energy came from where? Or is *it* eternal?
(Thereby making you a sort of pantheist.)

Tim Daneliuk

PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/