randall emberg

Default Smooth Plane

What about Clifton, they make a fantastic smoothing plane... equal to the LN
and probably better then the LV. You should try and get your hands on one..
for me it just feels better then the LN.

"Tattooed and Dusty" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,
I am sure this will be a somewhat futile post, but here goes. After
fooling around with many a couple well used hand planes, and a couple
new japanese style planes, I think I am ready to purchase a "brand new"
No 4 smooth plane. I am trying to decide between a Veritas and the
Lie-Nielson. I have a couple Veritas planes, and have been very happy
with them, and a rabbet block plane from LN, which is frankly just
alright. I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on the Veritas
and end up wishing I had coughed up the little more for the LN. At the
same time if there is no difference that's four K-body clamps from
leevalley this month...

I have to say I really wish there was a Lee Valley store in Portland,
as I like to touch expensive things before buying them, and as I played
with the LN seems only fair. Alright Any thoughs?

Thanks so much in advance, and I look forward to hearing what you guys
think

Andrew