Grant Erwin

Default Help identify a Palmgren rotary table?

Those are those bassackwards cross-slide rotary tables. They are set up so that
it's like having a rotary table mounted on your mill table. Except if you have a
mill already, you might as well just use a rotary table! It would have been so
much more useful (seems to me) if it were like an XY table mounted on a rotary
table. Then if you wanted to mill a rectangular pocket with large radius
corners, you could do it in one setup, because you could move the center of
rotation a known amount with the XY.

I have the long-term use of a 15" Troyke rotary table (thanks, Aaron, Chris and
Bob) and recently acquired a quality 6x12" XY table which I'll mount on the RT
if I ever need it, for just such a task. I'm sooo spoiled by a DRO I'll have to
really think about backlash again or it'll bite me, but it'll be fun.

GWE

Tom wrote:

Terry Keeley wrote:

Just acquired an 8" table that has X & Y travel, tilts and rotates. Similar
to their current model 84, no. 32804 he
http://www.palmgren.com/palmgren/p-m...idetables.html

Has 6284-1 in the casting and 84-202 stamped in the table. Nothing on the
Palmgren site. Some pix he

http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbnails.php?album=315

Anyone know a model number and where to get a manual and parts list?

104, Palmgren?

Tom