Gunner Asch

Default ARC Welder Power

On 10 Oct 2005 13:28:37 -0700, wrote:

I recently bought a used arc welder that runs on 230V AC, 60Hz, single
phase. It did not come with a male plug, so I purchased one (see
http://home.cogeco.ca/~dmikula2/P1010590.JPG). Unfortunately, the
diameter of the power cord on the welder is too small to be clamped
down by the male plug (see
http://home.cogeco.ca/~dmikula2/P1010591.JPG). Also, the female outlet
I was hoping to use requires 4 prongs (see
http://home.cogeco.ca/~dmikula2/P1010592.JPG). Can I buy a 4 prong male
plug and use it in this female outlet? If so, how would I wire it to
the welder's power cord? Why is the power cord on the welder so thin
compared with other heavy appliances in my home such as the dryer cable?

Blink blink...a 220vt welder...at what 10 amps? Thats the smallest
power wire Ive ever seen on a welder.

Exactly what kind of welder is it?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner