Ron Moore

Default Mounting 15" rims on 13" lathe?

Well, you could rotate the head stock to face the other direction. Might be
a bit hard to power that way. Ah, if you had an axle and a hub to bolt the
wheels to, and the axle would fit through the spindle, from the back side,
to be held by the chuck.....; I hope the shaft is a tight fit and/or the
lathe is heavy and well anchored. Also, get someone to take pics, from a
safe distance, for the group.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"Mike" wrote in message
Got some 15" aluminum car rims that need a little work to remove some
dings
and scrapes on the outer rim. Plan on smoothing and polishing rims while
mounted in the lathe. How can I do this in a 13" lathe without jacking up
the head stock?