chris French

Default To strip or replace skirting boards????

In message , Mara
Sheldon writes
Thanks for all the replies....
I shall replace the old skirting boards! But while on the subject, would the
same apply for doorframes if we need to re-hang the doors to open from the
other side, ie replace frames or fill in old holes?

I'd probably leave be, filing the holes isn't a great problem.

........and can a skim of plaster be applied over painted walls (to cover
the channels for the new wiring and the cracks....) or do we have to scrape
all the old paint off...???

Yes - to the former. as long as the paint layer is sound of course. Will
need priming with dilute PVA.
--
Chris French