Norminn

Default Installing Secure Lock in File Cabinet

clipped

I did find a number of confidential documents in those cabinets.

Thanks,

Long time ago, worked in HR department. Confidentiality important, of
course. Boss was a personal friend. She came in to use typewriter one
day, make me and work buddy leave the room. Boss had already told us
she was looking for other employment, so we thought that was likely what
she needed the typewriter for. When she was done, being the curious
children that we were then, I took the film ribbon out of the typewriter
and read what she had typed. She walked back in whilst I was still
holding the ribbon )

She was gone by the time our department Christmas party was held, at
VP's home. Jovial atmosphere, talked about work/fun. Told the story
about the type ribbon. It only took about a month before the whole
department had computers ) Another time, another boss. Boss would
fill me in on things I didn't need to know, although I had access to
personnel files, everyone's salaries, etc. Told me a VP got canned one
Friday afternoon. We had no security guards at the time, and I had to
open main door if exec's came back in after hours. The fired VP came
in, had yelled at me once before for carding him, and I wasn't supposed
to know he was "gone". He went back out in a few minutes, carrying a
couple of large boxes. Eek! I had to call another VP at home, tell him
mr so-and-so left with some boxes. He headed off the first guy, and
probably got a speeding ticket on the way in. The place had full time
security guards shortly after.

Another time, had taken ceramics for a hobby and worked at the store
until stuff was fired. The owner used to get shredded computer paper
from local companies to pack stuff in. One day unpacking stuff at home,
I realized my knicknacks were packed in paper shredded the wrong
direction - a computer printout of salaries for everyone at the local
telephone company, people I knew. When I shred something really
sensitive, I tear it up, run hot water in the sink, soak it for a few,
and put it through the disposal )