Joseph Meehan

Default Installing Secure Lock in File Cabinet

Norminn wrote:
My file cabinet is ordinary, four drawer, with a punched spot for
installing a lock. I've never done it, so my first question is how to
remove the metal where the lock will be installed.

Second question, is there a lock available (preferably on the
Internet) that can be opened with a key but cannot be opened by
locksmith? Want one that is pick-proof.

You want something that the locksmith can't open! Don't bother. The
cabinet is not all that secure, if you want in, you don't need to go though
the lock.

I worked in a secure business. We had good commercial grade file
cabinets. When it came time to replace them, each one had to be checked for
data that might be remaining in them. We could not allow any to leave to
office. I picked a few locks on those that were locked and decided that my
time would be better spent just breaking into them. Much faster and easier.
Of course I would guess someone with the right practiced skills could have
picked them faster than I could.

I did find a number of confidential documents in those cabinets.

Thanks,

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit