George E. Cawthon

Default Glidden Paints

Art M wrote:
I too have been satisfied with Glidden. I have been able to use a roller to
touch up dirty spots on a wall without being able to notice the transition
from old to new (I roll the edges with the roller almost out of paint). That
gives much better results than trying to clean marks. You will rub off flat
Glidden paint before it comes clean and semi-gloss won't do that much
better. The newest paint in my house is probably 5 years old so formulations
may have changed since then.

I have not been happy with Behr that my brother used in his house a couple
of years ago. It's thicker but takes two coats for any change in color
because it leaves holes no matter how much you roll it. (And I think that
was rolling it over their own primer). They sell Behr as a higher end paint,
but it's essentially the house brand with a high mark-up. Perhaps it's more
durable than Glidden.

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

BN wrote:

How good are the Glidden Evermore paints from Home Depot? I am
planning to use this paint in satin base for the kitchen.

Thanks!

I painted my whole house with Glidden from HD almost 3 years ago. Ceiling
white (flat) on the ceilings and semi-gloss everywhere else. One coat but
the colors are all light and very close to the previous colors.
Durability has not been a question but we are fairly easy on paint. Seems
like pretty good paint to me. Best I ever used was Dutch Boy, the top
stuff. Worst I ever used was Sherwin Williams--took three coats for good
coverage over a similar color--more like water than paint but that was 40
years ago.

I have touched up spots that were painted nearly 3
years ago with Glidden and could not tell where
the touch up was made. (Nail and screw holes,
wall hanging changes, rack repairs and tape
damage) That said, I have also touched up Dutch
Boy exterior paint after several years, most
recently a very light Gray and before that a light
cream yellow which is suppose to be the most fade
prone. The latter was on the north side after 5-6
years when I installed new windows, but one could
not tell a color where I painted around the windows.