George E. Cawthon

Default Glidden Paints

George wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"BN" wrote in message

How good are the Glidden Evermore paints from Home Depot? I am
planning to use this paint in satin base for the kitchen.

You can do better. HD does not carry the premium brands, only the
"adequate" stuff. If you want a better job, so to a Pittsburgh dealer
or Sherwin Williams.

Agree, since paint is the cheapest part of the project it never pays to
go with the box store stuff which is just "adequate" as you described.
Every time I have purchased it in a pinch or saw someone else use it
the quality difference was clear.

There is more BS about paint quality than there is
about mileage improvements for the automobile.
And all the arguments have similar logic faults.

When comparing major brands that sell for similar
prices (there are quality levels among major
brands), there is no doubt that brand A's low
luster, mocha brown was a better overall paint
than brand B's in 2002. But that doesn't mean
that brand A's pink panther semi-gloss in 2004 was
better than Brand B's. Besides, except for the
occasional screw up of any major brand, the
differences between brands as an overall products
is tiny. It remains a crap shoot as to which
paint is best, but in general the difference
between the winner and the loser is a nickel or two.