Dick Pewthers

Default Wood filler for mesquite

I have built a 45" x 84" dining table out of random length mesquite.
Mesquite has cracks, crevices, knotholes, pits, splits and just about every
other cosmetic flaw. I need to fill them with something. I tried two-part
epoxy but it just ran right through the cracks in the wood. I think I need
some sort of putty that I can tint. I've heard of FAMOWOOD--both
solvent-based and water-based. Does anyone know if FAMOWOOD can be tinted
to match Mesquite, will fill the holes, sand smooth, and then look OK after
I apply the Watco and the poly to the entire table?

Your help is desperately needed!

Dick Pewthers
Lake Travis, TX