Mike Marlow

Default Flat Earth Theory To Be Taught In Science Classes

"Australopithecus scobis" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:14:31 -0700, fredfighter wrote:

There are cave drawings all over the place that depict dinosaurs. To

my
"creationist" (as I've been dubbed...) mind, there is enough

circumstantial
evidence for me to assume that man and dinosaur did coinhabit, since I

don't
give credit to coyotes and apes to be able to create those drawings.

Do you _really_ think it any more credible that coyotes and apes
coinhabited with dinosaurs than did humans?

Especially since coyotes and the rest of the apes hadn't evolved yet,
either. NEWS FLASH: Homo sapiens is a great ape.

What are the creationists smoking when they dream up their crap? There is
this great, wonderful, awe-inspiring universe just on the other side of
their eyeballs, and they persist in self-delusion. Here's another news
flash: there is no Santa Claus, God, or Easter Bunny. They are all fairy
tales for the amusement and control of children and the feeble-minded.

The cave paintings of Lascaux and La grotte Chauvet-Pont-d'Arc, to mention
only two, are a testament to the wonderful creativity of the human mind.
People, just like us, produced images of their mental worlds. The artists
left us a magnificent gift across the millenia. To diminish the work of
those great artists by deliberately misconstruing the content to support
one's delusion is despicable.

Understanding the world is hard work. No one can any longer know the full
content of human knowledge. That is no excuse not to try. Some give up,
and accept a small, dark, dank, and smelly room instead of facing the
gaping universe. I pity them. They can at any time escape their
self-imposed exile from reality by cracking open a book (non-fiction,
duh. I suggest the 500s shelf at the library.). Ignorance is curable.
Willful ignorance is tougher to beat.

Only beaten by arrogance and ill founded pride.

--

-Mike-