rickluce

Default Fixing Joint Gaps

Thanks for the info, and I would use this method if this was a long
grain glueup, but this is an end grain glueup with bisquits to tie the
end grain together, so your method would make the veneer strips 90
degrees to the direction of the grain. In other words my gap runs 90
degrees to the grain direction. Basicly what I have is 4 pieces of 3/4
x 5 x 3 3/16 pieces of wood with (8) 22.5 miters. They Join together
via a bisquit and form a 180 degree arch that is 3/4 inch thick and 5
inches wide( or deep if your looking at the front of the arch)