Tattooed and Dusty

Default Smooth Plane

Thanks for the start guys. I do know Steve's planes. In fact I have one
more or less on the way. For whatever reason I would like an additional
metal bodied plane right now. I don't know why I am considering the LN
over the Veritas. I went and looked at the LN and was really impressed
by how well put together it is. I have been really happy with the
overall performance of the Veritas planes I own (a low angle block, and
medium shoulder) but both have needed some little tweaks out of the
box. The low angle block had a filling on the lever cap that was sharp
enough to draw blood, and large enough to prevent the cap from coming
off without loosening the screw. No big deal, I too care of it, but I
would like this next plane purchase to really last forever.

It should also be added that I am really impatient with shipping, and
if I decided on the LN I could go get it in 20 minutes.

That said I am leaning more and more towards Veritas.