rickluce

Default For those experienced with the tormek...

I am just using the tormek to set the angle of chisels and such. I
don't think you can get a great edge without flattening the back of
your chisel on a water or diamond stone. There is a good article on
sharpusa??? or something like that. Just a summary...the two screws for
that sets your chisel into place need to be evenly tensioned. If one
of these are tighter than the other your chisel will be askew. You have
to play with the both of these to get the chisel in the correct
position...OK here we go. Follow this link for advice on sharpening
chisels. Works well..http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/tips.php. A sharpy is
your friend. ink out the bevel set your chisel then place on the wheel.
Make a few turns by hand and look at where the ink has been removed.
You can tell if the chisel is insert properly.

Hope this helps