Duane Bozarth

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George BushDrinking?

wrote:

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
wrote:

SNEEP

... but if you do become victimized by a
.357 in the hands of a criminal robbing you, you just *might* want to
legitimate the power of government to interdict and/or remediate the
situation.

Of course. But why should I pay for it when it is someone else who
is being robbed.

More fundamentally, suppose I want to trust to my own luck, what
right does the government have to force protection on me?

The right you inherited when you were lucky enough to be born...if it
weren't this particular version, it would have been another somewhere
else. IOW, "you can run, but you can't hide". You could, I suppose,
find an unoccupied island somewhere and go be its sole inhabitant, but
that's about the only way one can become totally independent anywhere on
the earth today.