Duane Bozarth

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George BushDrinking?

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

You mean like the "mumbo jumbo" that suggests Everything appeared at the
Big Bang out of Nothing and we are *certain* that this materialist/mechanical
POV is correct? ...

If you feel like taking a break from your reading about ID you
might consider reading a little about Cosmology. The Big
Bang Theory dos not hold that something came out of nothing.

Oh really. Then do clarify my obvious lack of cosmological
sophistication. Just where, pray tell, did the massive
amounts of energy/mass/gooey-stuff-that-populated-the-universe
come from? Last I looked, the Big Bang is posited to be
the demarcation of the Beginning Of The Universe -i.e.,
It is the moment in time when things got rolling. So where
exactly did the building materials come from in this massive
construction project? If you have an answer for this question
than reapply it iteratively to the preceding point. This
leads you to the same possibilities I pointed out in my very
first post on the matter in this thread.

Well, there are a number of competing theories. The "Big Bang" is
clearly (and has been reconized since the beginning as being) incomplete
in that there are numerical singularities in early formulations. The
techniques to remove more and more of those are the prime areas of
current research. It's for precisely such reasons that newer
developments such as string theory have come into play--because the
existing theories were understood to have limitations. That's how
science works--one goes as far as one theory will take one, then builds
on it to see where to go from there. It's simply a continuation of the
process started by Newton in the Principia where modern cosmology can be
said to start.