Andy

Default Bandsaw: Craftman and Ridgid identical ?

I was pretty amazed that Craftsman or Ridgid would make a 14 foot
bandsaw (14' in OP), and when I checked HD's website to look at the
Ridgid, apparently it's true! Check it out - "smooth running belt
drive that delivers power to resaw up to 6 Ft.' thick oak."
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+3966&pos=n24
Hey - if you can get 6 foot resaw capacity, go for it. If not, you
might check out Grizzly.com - their 14" Ultimate Bandsaw appears to be
a better deal for less $ than either of the ones you mentioned, and
it's built in an ISO9001 factory.
Good luck,
Andy