Ulysses

Default How can I send a chainsaw from USA to UK?

"dean" wrote in message
ps.com...
My Stihl dealer says its a $10,000 fine for shipping a gasoline engine
illegally. So I want them to be absolutely sure what it is up front, so
I will tell them what it is.

A personal thanks to Mr Pawlowski! You have answered many many of my
(sometimes irritating) questions, and its very much appreciated!

Dean

I suggest you call Fed-Ex. I don't know if they ship to Canada but I got a
new 4 HP engine that was shipped by them. It *used* to have gasoline in it.
They have to test them before the sell them. The shipping was only around
$25 so I don't think there was a "Hazardous Materials" fee or anything. I
also got a 5000 watt generator and it came in a big truck (Consolidated
Freightways perhaps?). It can't be that big of a deal, at least not within
the USA, because generators etc are shipped regularly and usually the
shipping is not all that much except for the fact that they are big and
heavy.