ameijers

Default Power Co. owned power lines

"Jmagerl" wrote in message
I tried this 5 years ago and they told me I owned the wires out to the

pole
at the street (I also have a pole 100 ft from the street). They

recommended
I bury the wire because they would do it for free. Go figure. They want me
to replace the overhead wire but they would bury the wire for free. Makes

no
sense.

Makes plenty of sense- buried service cuts WAY down on service calls for
them. Here in the midwest, almost all new construction has buried service
drops. A lot better for the homeowner, too- less hassle with trees, gutter
cleaning, etc. If the power company offered free burial to me, even if I had
to pay for the cable, I'd jump on it. (standard disclaimer- the finish
landscaping, and any driveway repairs, etc, are usually the homeowners
problem. They backfill and hydroseed, but they don't water or make it
pretty.)

aem sends...