Bob Shuman

Default https not working on Windwos XP SP2 laptop

I also had disabled the firewall and the Anti-virus as well without success.
Again, the interesting thing here is the computer functions normally for
everything except web browsing to https sites. The problem is exhibited in
both Internet Explorer and Firefox so it must be a setting somewhere common
to both in Windows. That is why I suspected the certificates since these
are used to set up the SSL connection.

Thanks again.

Bob

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
news5j2f.131669$1i.61431@pd7tw2no...

Bob Shuman wrote:

Thanks for the reply and your thought, but this is what I had looked

for
when I saw the problem, although it would not explain why http sites

worked
fine. In short, there was no proxy set under the Internet connections,

LAN
button which is what we were using or anywhere else.

Bob

Hi Bob...

Haven't followed the thread, and don't use xp (use 2000), so don't
know xp's firewall, but just seeing this tiny bit triggers a
thought, if I may?

Possible that xp's firewall (perhaps well hidden from the youngsters)
prevents access to unrated sites?

Take care.

Ken