Christian Peter Aaberg

Default SCART - 15 pin D-SUB cable

Hey,

I have a problem with a cable that I bought. I have an old monitor 21" HP
that I want to use as s TV. Therefore I bought a SCART to D-sub cable
thinking that this would work. I am using a video as a tuner and thought
that it would work if only I connected the SCART part to the video and the
sub part to the monitor, but I does not. The monitor is registering that
something is connected, but screen is totally black, as if turned off.
Afterwards I started searching the net for a solution to my problem, but did
not find any diagrams of a cable from dvd/video to monitor. I do not know if
the cable that I bought is supposed to work from a regular computer to a TV,
as I specified to the shop where I bought, for which use it was.

My question is, is it not possible to make a cable for connect to between
the video and the screen and actually get a signal??

Hope someone can help me!!

Christian.