Larry Jaques

Default Sealer or Varnish for covering smells?

On 9 Oct 2005 22:22:13 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

What is best for sealing in/covering up the smell of cat urine in wood?

I wonder if an ozone generator would take care of that...
Also, next time, make sure the cat is already dead before using it as
a push stick. They scare easily around machinery, hence the stain.
In the off chance you're not already using the cat as a push stick,
now might be the time. eg

I'm told that either sealer or varnish are best. But there are many
diiferent types to choose from at the store. Does anyone have
suggestions on what might be best? Obviously, the wood in question
can't be replaced. The only option is to try to cover or seal in the
smell.

Shellac might do it. Have you tried wash most of it out with hot
water and soap, too?

I Googled this one:
http://www.justrite.com/123kit.htm
(standard disclaimer applies)

---
In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact
with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development -