Chris Bacon

Default To strip or replace skirting boards????

Mara Sheldon wrote:
To save ourselves time and energy, I thought we'd ask you guys first......
Whilst struggling with a hot air paint stripper to strip our existing
skirting boards of paint, and melting the tiles around the edges of the room
in the process, I was wondering whether the effort of stripping the existing
skirting boards and trying to save the tiles, (in the whole of our 2
bedroom flat) is actually worthwhile, or whether it would be more
cost-effective to just pull the existing skirting boards out and replace the
whole lot??? We will need to replaster all the walls anyway since we have
just rewired everything. Any thoughts??

What sort of skirting is it?