James Sweet

Default Average Joe need line conditioner?

"DaveM" wrote in message
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am inclined to agree, unless you're doing hi-fi recording, in which
case you might spend 200 bucks on a furman power conditioner if there's
something especially noisy in your neighborhood. But usually if
something is making noise on the power line, something isn't working
right, and the power company can be talked into at least looking at
it.I can't imagine what might be in the $1500 one that would make it
that much better.

I once saw triple shielded optical digital audio cable made by monster
in a fancy stereo shop.

Unless you are into the very high end stuff it is a waste of money.

Speaking of the monster stuff, it gets me that they (or someone like

them)
sell a special replacement 120 v cord that replaces the one that comes

on
equipment for about $ 100. What good would that do when you have about

50
feet or more going to the breaker box and alot of aluminum cable going

the power pole ?

HAW!!!!! You think a $100 power cord is bad.. get a load of the

duplex
receptacle at
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=110-439
--

LOL I thought I'd seen it all. Where's the audio grade circuit breakers and
romex cable?