Jayson

Default Circuitry Ideas (Help scare the crap out of ghost hunters)

Sorry. I should have been more precise, I wrote this in a very fast manner
anxious to start receiving replies.

The cameras are just 2GHz cameras that run off of a 9v battery (I will
probably run them from 4 D cell batteries to ensure it has plenty of power
to last the entire evening). The receivers also run off of 9v and have only
a video composite output (no audio feed of any kind on these). The "place"
mentioned is in the middle of a forest more less.. so only a laptop can be
used.. I'm not sure how I will go about collecting the video feeds, but, I'm
working on that as they aren't wifi (the 2ghz is a proprietary signal
frequency, no 802 standards here) and they don't have Bluetooth either.

As for the "metal poles" I suppose I meant metal leaf's basically a piece of
plastic wedged between two metal contacts, the plastic piece attached to a
fishing line with its other end tied to a tree, so when tripped, removes the
plastic thus completing the circuit as a result of the two metal contacts
then coming into contact with one another.

"Jayson" wrote in message
Ok..

First, thank you for even reading this post, as I know I am not a regular
(infact I don't recall posting here ever before, though I might have).

That
being said.. onto the details.

A local message forum of car ethusiasts were chatting about local
"ghost/haunted sightings"... and long story short, have decided to visit a
particular "haunted" place at a particular time on a particular day to

"hunt
some ghosts.."

I'm looking for relatively inexpensive ways to achieve operation, "make
ghost hunters crap themselves..." Who's with me?

I was thinking simple things such as yellow LED's (not the superbright

clear
type) glowing when fishing line is "tripped" (removing a piece of plastic
between two metal poles, thus completing the circuit type of thing) to

give
the appearance of eyes (but would be nice to throw on a sound circuitry as
well which would give a "shhhhhhewwww" type of sound or something else

half
believable)... but staying on continuously is definitely NOT a good

thing..
so a timed circuit in which the "shhhheww" sound (or whatever) would play,
end and the eyes would be lit for a total of maybe 10 seconds...

I'm no electrical engineer at all.. however, I have made my own PCB's and
following circuits from Electronics Handbook (when it was around and if it
still is then no one carries it around here) and I solder/desolder quite
often. In other words, I'm not intimidated at all by following a

schematic
and building the circuit.

I have three wireless 9v driven camera's (spy cams) already, which I plan

utilize as well in hopes to get videos of these "ghost hunters" hopefully
getting the crap scared out of them... which of course would expeditiously
made into a MPG or AVI for all of you to view.. My way of saying,
"thank you for your help"...

Also, any ideas are welcome as well... I would LOVE for this to be a
"success" (for US that is..)

TIA!!!

Jayson
jayson_hansen at hotmail dot com