charlie b

Default Jointech Fence System V.S. Incra LS Super System

ScRaPLeR wrote:

Ok folks I have talked myself into buying either the top of the line
Jointech Router Fence System for $599 or the Incra LS Super System for
$359, does anyone own either or have opinions as to which is better? I
am wanting a system that will do good work on box joints and dovetails
up to 16" and 3/4" thichness. Do you guys know about these systems
and are either capable of doing the Job on a continuous basis and
moreover will the systems stand up or fall apart? Thanks in advance.

ScRaPleR

I've had the JoinTech Cabinet Maker System for about five years.
I've done through and half blind dovetails in 3/4" birch, beach
and oak, along with a ton of finger joints for tool holders/racks,
cut dadoes and stopped dadoes, rabbets and stopped rabbets, AND
sliding dovetails from three inches up to 14 inches long. I've
used it to make lock miter joints that require both precise bit
height and bit exposure in front of the fence. Being able to
move the fence in thousandths of an inch is essential to some
of these cuts. The inexpensive, easily changed , cut to fit the
bit - at the required settting - is really nice.

Having steel parts where plastic parts would wear, is one
of JoinTech's selling points. Precision is another. Add
to that, they're a group of good people who take care of
their customers.

charlie b