Andrew Gabriel

Default Earth bonding query

In article ,
(Lobster) writes:
Well we haven't one yet this week have we?!

My newly installed bathroom has exclusively copper pipes, and I need
to bond together the toilet feed, hot and cold bath taps, hot and cold
sink taps, and the towel-rail feed (ie 6 clamps).

In my case all the pipework is very close together, and it's plainly
obvious that the cold pipes and hot pipes are continuous; it seems to
me daft to apply earth clamps below all the taps. I could apply a
single clamp each to the H and C pipes behind the bath panel (plus
another on the towel rail) and these would be no more than 3 or 4 feet

That's fine.
I would bond the radiator pipes rather than the radiator itself
(unless the radiator/towel rail is electric).

away from the loo, bath taps and sink taps. Or is it a regulatory
thing that there must be a visible earth clamp adjacent to the each
set of taps?

No. The bonding doesn't even need to be in the bathroom -- immedeately
adjacent, e.g. in an airing cupboard is very common too. It needs to
be accessible for inspections, but not obviously visible to users of
the room.

--
Andrew Gabriel